Our history as community leaders in Southern Alberta is long and rich.
Initially established as Warren & Stewart LLP by William (Bill) J. Warren, Q.C. and Fred Stewart, Q.C., the firm soon became Warren Raymaker & Stewart when Darryl Raymaker, Q.C. joined in 1970. The firm changed names again in 1975 after David Tettensor, Q.C. added his name to the letterhead just five years after starting with the firm as a summer student. As the firm continued to mature, it later became known as Warren Tettensor and then Warren Tettensor Amantea with the onboarding of Joe Amantea, who is now the firm’s longest serving partner. In October 2013, following the retirement of David Tettensor, Bob Benson joined his long-time legal colleagues as a named partner, changing the firm to its present name, Warren Benson Amantea LLP.
Since its inception, WBA has stayed true to the core values established by its founding partners; treat all clients equally and with integrity, and always provide excellent, individualized service. WBA takes great pride in its ability to offer clients exceptional, efficient, and customized solutions for their business and personal needs.
WBA has maintained a strong focus on our community and our roots over time. In fact, these things are what have created a large part of our identity. WBA owes a great measure of its success to its extensive community involvement, and we believe that in order to succeed, we must continue to foster meaningful relationships outside of the office; some of which were established almost 50 years ago!
Our clients include chartered banks and other lenders, land developers and home builders, home warranty providers, pension funds, accounting firms, large and small businesses, and individual private clients. We are experts in a wide range of disciplines, including business law, litigation, banking and finance, construction, employment law, commercial and residential real estate, and family law.
Whether your matter is personal or business-related, large or small, Warren Benson Amantea has the skill and experience to assist you.
Warren Benson Amantea LLP is proud to support many community initiatives throughout Calgary. Our past and current commitments include:
- Calgary Police Commission
- Rockyview and Holy Cross Hospital Boards
- Calgary District Hospital Group
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Italian Club
- Calgary Italian Sportsman’s Dinner Association
- Mount Royal College Board
- Alberta Cancer Board
- Calgary Parks & Recreation Board
- Calgary Booster Club
- Calgary Olympic Development Association (Winsport)
- 1988 Olympic Winter Games
- Canadian Olympic Committee
- Various Calgary Community Associations
- Calgary Herald Adopt a Family
- Student Legal Assistance
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Access Pro Bono and Legal Education Outreach
- Calgary Winter Club
- University of Calgary Chancellor Club
- Canadian Bar Association
- CGA Conduct Committee
- Hillhurst/Sunnyside Community Planning Committee
- Wentworth Residents Association
- Varsity Community Association
- Rosen Lake Ratepayers Association
- Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
- Face Off Against Cancer
- Cross Cancer Society
- 100 Men Who Give a Damn
- The Alex
- Mount Royal University Foundation Planned Giving Committee
- Crowchild Hockey Association
- Trails West Hockey Association
- North West Calgary Athletic Association
- Calgary Aquabelles
- Calgary Senior Women’s Basketball League
To learn more about our community initiatives join us on our Facebook page.